Tasty Catering’s Larry Walter shares three of his grilled flatbread pizza recipes, starting with the delicious pepperoni and onion recipe.
Summer Grilling Recipes: Grilled Pepperoni and Onion Flatbread Pizza
Here we have the recipe card and a short video showing you how the ingredients should look on your finished pizza. Remember, the key to a great grilled pizza is indirect heat, so be sure to position your pizza just right on your grill.
Flatbread Grilled Pizza: Pepperoni & OnionCourse: RecipesCuisine: American, ItalianDifficulty: Easy
4 – 7″ square flatbread
12 oz. tomato basil sauce
12 oz. thinly sliced pepperoni
12 oz. shredded mozzarella
12 oz. caramelized onions, drained
8 oz. basil, chiffonade
4 tsp. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 oz. extra virgin olive oil
to taste salt & pepper
- Warm grill (see Notes for more details).
- Lightly spray or coat flatbread with olive oil on both sides.
- Spread sauce evenly.
- Divide ingredients by four and apply to flatbread.
- Place basil under the cheese so that it doesn’t burn.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes.
- Cook with indirect heat. For charcoal grills, pile the coals in the center and cook on the outside. If using a gas grill, preheat using all burners and then turn off where the flatbreads will be placed. Make sure the grill is covered.