Summer Grilling Recipes: Grilled Caprese Flatbread Pizza
As seen on WCIU’s You & Me This Morning, our delicious grilled Caprese flatbread pizza is a hit at any party, dinner or gathering. Learn how to easily recreate this masterpiece with our recipe card and the simple video tutorial below.
Flatbread Grilled Pizza: CapreseCourse: RecipesCuisine: American, ItalianDifficulty: Easy
4 – 7″ square flatbread
4 roma tomatoes, cut in 1/2 slices
16 oz. fresh mozzerella
4 tsp. roasted garlic
8 oz. basil, chiffonade
2 tsp. italian parsley, chopped
2 oz. extra virgin olive oil
to taste salt and pepper
- Warm grill (see Notes for more details).
- Lightly spray or coat the flatbread with olive oil on both sides.
- Spread roasted garlic evenly.
- Divide ingredients by four and apply to flatbreads – reserve the chopped parsley.
- Place basil under the tomatoes and cheese so that it doesn’t burn.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook 8-12 minutes.
- After cooking, add fresh parsley before serving.
- Cook with indirect heat. For charcoal grills, pile the coals in the center and cook on the outside. If using a gas grill, preheat using all burners and then turn off where the flatbreads will be placed. Make sure the grill is covered.