Summer Grilling Recipes: Grilled Bacon and Tomato Flatbread Pizza
Grilled flatbread pizza is certainly an out-of-the-box grilled summer recipe idea. Take this bacon and tomato flatbread pizza, for example.
Learn how to cook this delicious grilled flatbread pizza. The recipe is available below, as is a short video with direction on what your pizza should look like when preparing it.
Flatbread Grilled Pizza: Bacon & TomatoCourse: RecipesCuisine: American, ItalianDifficulty: Easy
4-7″ square flatbread
32 grape tomatoes, cut in half
12 oz. bleu cheese
16 oz. bacon, cut in 1″ squares, cooked
2 tsp. rosemary, chopped
2 tsp. thyme, chopped
2 oz. extra virgin olive oil
to taste salt & pepper
- Warm grill (see Notes for more details).
- Divide ingredients by four.
- Lightly spray or coat flatbread with olive oil on both sides.
- Spread cooked bacon on flatbread.
- Mix thyme and rosemary with bleu cheese and sprinkle on flatbread.
- Add grape tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes.
- Cook with indirect heat. For charcoal grills, pile the coals in the center and cook on the outside. If using a gas grill, preheat using all burners and then turn off where the flatbreads will be placed. Make sure the grill is covered.