Whether it is your first, middle or last child’s college graduation, the accomplishment deserves tons of recognition and celebration.
College graduation parties are similar to high school graduation parties in many ways, but with the older age (and that 21st birthday milestone as a thing of the past), your grad (or you, if you are planning your own celebration) might expect a more “grown-up” celebration.
There is room for more flexibility, creativity and entertainment at a college graduation party; the sky is truly the limit.
College Graduation Party Ideas
Host at a venue other than your home
- Forest preserve
- Rented hall or estate
- Conservatory or local museum
- Local gallery
- Park district facility
Make dessert a big deal
- Have a sweets table and let guests fill bags for take-home treats
- Decorate the cake in the style of the grad’s future profession
- Put your grad’s face on M&Ms
Make it memorable for the grad
- Have a guest book for people to sign
- Provide a jar for guests to write down their favorite college memories with the grad
- Ask guests to write their well wishes for the grad’s future on slips of paper and place them in a large bowl
College Graduation Party Menu Ideas
College graduation party menus might take on slightly more mature flavors than a high school graduation party, though no one would be upset if you served the classics (Italian beef and mostaccioli).
Nonetheless, here are a few college graduation party menu ideas.
- Sweet potato puffs
- Petite caprese skewers
- Shrimp cocktail
- Stuffed peppers
- Salmon filets
- Stuffed pork chops
- Cheesecake bars
- Blueberry and lemon tarts
- Over-sized cookies or desserts