Still figuring out “How to Plan a Baby Shower” for a boy or girl?
Selecting an Eric Carle baby shower theme will simplify your entire baby shower planning. Carle’s best selling book The Very Hungry Caterpillar inspires bright colors, animals, fruity refreshments and creative activities in an outdoor setting baby shower venue.
From invitations to party favors, we will help you “inchworm” your way through planning a Very Hungry Caterpillar baby shower.
How to Plan a Very Hungry Caterpillar Shower
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Baby Shower Venues: Fun in the Sun
With a very hungry caterpillar in mind, an Eric Carle baby shower is best suited to an outdoor venue. Fruit, animals and happy colors will feel at home when you choose one of these locations and baby shower ideas:
- Picnic. Parks, forests, gardens and day camps play host to a fun-filled picnic for all ages.
- Backyard barbecue. Guests always enjoy relaxing and socializing at a barbecue. Maybe you would like light and colorful tequila lime chicken breast as your main course!
- Destination baby shower. Nothing says kids and animals more than a zoo, and many of them offer party packages.
Outdoor baby showers can be challenging because of the natural elements and possibly acquiring permits. Make sure the guests and mom-to-be are comfortable by providing parking close to the venue, restrooms, umbrellas or heat lamps and plenty of inviting furniture.
If weather conditions are too extreme, you may need to opt for a more traditional baby shower venue such as a home, restaurant, hotel or community center. A spa offers an indoor setting with a natural touch and the opportunity to treat the guest of honor to some pampering.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Baby Shower Invitations
Once you choose your date and venue, you can get ready to send out your baby shower invitations. We suggest sending these three to six weeks in advance, via mail or e-invites.
You can buy Eric Carle baby shower invitations or create your own. Just be sure to include the date, start and end times, location and RSVP info. You may also want to include a note about gifts. We love the baby shower gift idea of children’s books with a personal message on the inside in lieu of cards. This idea would also be perfectly suited for this themed shower.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Baby Shower Décor
Be sure to check what decorations your selected venue allows, and then show off bright and happy baby shower theme colors with butterfly, ladybug and caterpillar decorations. Traditional baby shower theme decorations, such as balloons, can be turned into Eric Carle caterpillars by selecting green and red balloons and arranging them in the shape of a caterpillar.
You can also order Very Hungry Caterpillar party supplies including plates, cups, napkins, tablecloths and garlands, to deck out your baby shower venue in an Eric Carle theme.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Baby Shower Food and Drinks
An Eric Carle baby shower lends itself to food as fresh and colorful as the The Very Hungry Caterpillar book. Here are some of our favorite Eric Carle baby shower food ideas:
- Fruit kabobs. Make a caterpillar out of grapes, honeydew melon balls, green apple and strawberries on a skewer. Be sure the catering company uses fresh seasonal fruit.
- Spinach pinwheel. Fill spinach tortillas with veggies or deli meat and arrange them in a caterpillar formation for the perfect Eric Carle finger food.
- Cake pops. A clever display will have these tasty treats looking like a very hungry
- Cupcakes. Are you looking for a more traditional dessert? Display Eric Carle baby shower themed cupcakes in green and red as a caterpillar.
Staying hydrated is very important at a baby shower, so be sure to serve fruit punch and lemonade. Added bonus if you decorate the cups with quotes or images from The Very Hungry Caterpillar book.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar Baby Shower Activities
These baby shower ideas will encourage your guests to socialize and enjoy themselves:
- Decorating. Guests can showcase their creativity when decorating bibs or bodysuits. The mom-to-be can take home some Eric Carle themed apparel custom designed by her guests.
- Present opening. Even presents are part of your fun and décor. Stack the presents as a caterpillar, an especially easy task if you request children’s books.
- Party Favors. Let guests collect Fruit Runts in baby food jars or Eric Carle loot bags. At the end of the station, they will seal it and pick up an Eric Carle bookmark.