Chicago wedding caterers already notice new personalized wedding reception theme and idea trends in 2015. Expect guests to engage in the uniqueness of each couple’s wedding theme from the moment they open the save the date card, through the wedding reception hosted by a top Chicago wedding caterer.
This blog will give you the latest ideas to help you create your wedding that is uniquely you.
Wedding Ideas for 2015
2015 Biggest Wedding Trend #1: Pre-Wedding Ideas
From the moment your guests open save the date card and invitation, they should feel your personality coming through, and in many cases that will involve some sort of beautiful, natural element. Shimmer, twine and dried flowers, which easily lace into cards, are some pre-wedding ideas that will be hot in 2015.
This is also the time to involve your guests in some pre-wedding ideas that include:
- Social media: invite them to follow/like the pages of your wedding, so they can share the journey from pre-wedding excitement to post-wedding memories.
- Pictures: ask guests to bring a photo of their favorite time with the bride/groom to display at the wedding reception. For couples choosing the intimate and personal do-it-yourself wedding reception trends, make homemade picture holders out of wine corks.
- Personalized RSVP: when guests reply, ask to include their favorite moment or story about the couple, and invite them to share at your wedding reception or during dinner. This can facilitate the family fun—another wedding reception trend in 2015.
- Wedding favors: before the wedding, allow guests to choose from a selection of charities that are close to your heart to make a donation in their name. To keep with the natural wedding reception trend, include nature conservation options.
2015 Biggest Wedding Trend #2: Natural Wedding Décor and Style
Keep the colors soft in a rustic setting, but add a dash of glimmer to the occasion. Your individuality should shine in the country vintage wedding reception trend. Wedding ideas for this wedding décor include:
- Creamy color palette: romantic pastels in shades of pinks, purple, red, peach, mint green and especially blues, will highlight metallic color schemes.
- Wildflowers: these natural flowers can spring out of mason jars or lanterns to add an even more rustic and homegrown feel.
- Flower crowns: for an extra dose of individuality and a do-it-yourself project, hand make flower crowns.
- Handmade décor: Chicago wedding caterers are seeing wedding décor, especially in dining, inspired by the do-it-yourself trend. Recycled wood is the perfect rustic platform for homemade signs, as well as, dinner tables and benches.
Chicago wedding caterers always recommend to consider the season when choosing your wedding décor. If you’re planning a summer wedding, then these 47 Outdoor Summer Wedding Ideas may help!
2015 Biggest Wedding Trend #3: Signature Wedding Food and Beverages
In many weddings, a family-style dinner encourages guest interaction. However, small, sample tastings throughout the evening is the latest 2015 wedding reception trend that shines all night long.
- Tasting stations: let guests sample all your favorite sides with tasty stations. This is a great way to have your Chicago wedding caterer display your individuality.
- Drink stations: a wide array of beverages allows your personality to shine and ensure that every guest will find a personal favorite. One personalized wedding idea is fresh signature cocktails with seasonal fruit purees mixed together to highlight your tastes and the season. If you are hosting a summer wedding, check out our s 25 Summer Wedding Drink Ideas.
- Cake: think back to your hometown, favorite destination, or family heritage to choose your cake flavor. One of the hottest wedding ideas of 2015 will be naked cakes, or cakes without icing, particularly ones garnished with floral blooms or a dusting of sparkles. This embraces the wedding reception trend of natural beauty and fits with the popular rustic wedding theme.
Best Chicago Wedding Venues for 2015
Natural beauty is a top wedding reception trend in 2015. Nothing embodies this trend more than natural settings full of greenery. You’re sure to impress your guests at any of the following venues with their striking backdrops:
- Conservatory: the Friendship Park Conservatory offers endless greens and flowerbeds that match the natural beauty wedding reception trend.
- Natural Light: enjoy natural light any season of the year at the Danada House or Oak Brook Bath and Tennis. Their floor-to-ceiling windows allow you to enjoy an outdoor view and wooden scenery.
- Lakeside: overlook Lake Michigan with a view of the Chicago skyline while dining on food catered by your favorite Chicago wedding caterer. Loft on Lake is a popular choice for all occasions, but primarily weddings.
- Barn: nothing embraces a rustic theme more than a barn wedding venue. The Hoosier Grove Barn and Byron Colby Barn are favorites.
Proud Chicago residents may have a Chicago wedding theme, while a backyard wedding is for those looking for the utmost intimacy. However, most brides and grooms will opt for one of Chicago’s spectacular venues.
Best Wedding Reception Entertainment Trends for 2015
Drift from traditional music and go back to your heritage or personal favorites for the family fun wedding reception trend. Anything that creates a party environment and has your friends and family dancing and celebrating, is sure to be a hit in the 2015 wedding trend of personalized weddings that are uniquely you.
For even more wedding ideas, check out the full Tasty Catering blog.