Company picnics seem to be the most fun when there is a really great theme. Here we present you with a close-up of one of our favorites from the past several years, a theme that fits picnics of almost any size and just about any venue—on the water or not.
There are several key pieces to any themed picnic, the most important part being that the pieces all fit under the umbrella of the picnic theme.
How to Create a Nautical-themed Company Picnic
- Caribbean Roasted Pig
- Fresh grilled seafood, like salmon filets hot-off-the-grill
- Island-themed surf n’ turf, with marinated jerk chicken to complement the salmon
- Fresh fruit kabobs and American potato salad
- Frozen drinks, such as strawberry daiquiris, margaritas and pina coladas
- “Ahoy, Matey” is a great way to start your invitations.
- Use tons of seashells, starfish, life preservers, anchors, nets, navy blue and red stripes.
- Suggest that guests wear sailor or captain hats.
- Decorate your tables with navy blue or red striped linens.
- Hang flags, ship wheels and life preserver rings.
Ocean Games and Activities:
- Boat races and hula hoop contests
- DIY party favors for the kids with seashell necklaces, sail boats or colored sand art
- DIY party favors for everyone, such as decorate-your-own flip flops or tie-dye a t-shirt
- Even more water-themed activities
Roving Sea People and Entertainment:
- Mermaids and sea-themed face painters and artists
- Ukeleles and musicians
- Hawaiian shirted emcees and activity coordinators
Ocean-themed Fun Foods:
- Ice cream trucks
- Sno Cones
- Sundae bars
- Custom-designed cookies
- Themed cupcakes, such as seahorses, anchors or waves
Live Sea-inspired Music:
- Hire a nautical band.
- Dress up the stage in sea decor.
On the Island Picnic Playlist:
- Here are some suggested beach-themed songs for your next nautical picnic or outdoor party.
- Get this playlist on Spotify.
For more great picnic ideas and inspiration, visit these additional articles and links: