Chicago Picnic Theme: A Star Wars Picnic
On July 1st, Tasty Catering partnered with American Metalcraft for a spectacular Star Wars-themed picnic.
The traditional July company picnic named May the 4th Be with You entertained nearly 120 guests not only with the delicious picnic food but also with quirky elements from the movie.
We were especially excited to showcase our delicious picnic food in their high-quality catering products and kitchenware. Here is a look at the dazzling outdoor event.
The American Metalcraft Star Wars Picnic
Maximizing the Space
American Metalcraft’s office has a long, narrow outdoor space for tents and tables. We set up highboys with red, white and blue tablecloths and beautiful floral centerpieces in front of the food stations. Guests could mingle about the service area while enjoying fabulous food and drink.
Showcasing the Product Line
Using American Metalcraft’s new 2015 product line in our stations was an exciting and motivating moment for most of their employees, as this was the first time most had seen the products in action. Tasty Catering and American Metalcraft staff reviewed samples of all the products, determined which could be used at the 2015 company picnic, and ordered the appropriate quantities.
Keeping guest safety in mind, we meticulously washed the products in our facility before packing and labeling them according to food stations. We even packed additional product that was already in-house.
Picking Your Picnic Food
Working closely with American Metalcraft, we designed four Star Wars-themed menus. Our friendly staff loved helping guests choose among the following stations, but the Ewok Village BBQ proved to be most popular.
This station featured:
- BBQ ribs: Tender baby back ribs
- Sweet corn: Fresh corn on the cob with butter and salt on the side
- Sweet potato salad: Roasted sweet potato cubes, green onion, celery, roasted red peppers, cilantro and lime chipotle mayo dressing
Guests eagerly lined up at these other food stations:
- Jabba’s Palace of Chicago: Naturally-cased, premium old-world style Bratwurst, 1/3 lb. vegetable garden burgers with a side of homemade potato chips
- Death Star Tacos: Batter-dipped fish, cabbage, chipotle mayo, cilantro and Chihuahua cheese on soft tortillas
- Chewbacca Chicken: Chicken satay with sweet chili sauce on top of white rice with a side of spinach salad
Our beverage station “Yoda Soda,” featured fresh lemonade, bottled water and freshly brewed iced tea.
Enjoying Imaginative Desserts
Before the American Metalcraft company picnic wrapped up at 1pm, guests visited the “Cloud City” dessert station. We offered mini funnel cakes and vanilla frozen yogurt with a variety of toppings including Oreos, M&M’s and sprinkles.
Employees walked out of the American MetalCraft company picnic with a new enthusiasm for their work and the company’s product. It was a smash hit.