Erin & Chris’s Vintage Wedding at Firehouse Chicago
One beautiful day in May, 100 special guests gathered together to witness the matrimony between Erin and Chris. Firehouse Chicago served as an “alarmingly charming” backdrop for this couple’s important life moment.
Sunflowers and Sweet Vows
After settling in, guests made their way to their seats on the main floor of the firehouse for Erin and Chris’s ceremony. The unique space, with its antique doors, modern subway tiles, shiny tin ceilings and bourbon barrels, was minimally dressed with white candles and beautiful sunflower arrangements. The ceremony was every bit intimate, and Erin and Chris’s first kiss as husband and wife was a moving sight to behold.
An Elegant, Delicious Cocktail Hour
After the ceremony, guests made their way outside for a memorable cocktail hour in the garden where a tent, highboys and buffet had been arranged. Our team provided drinks and the following passed appetizers:
- Miniature bruschetta: fresh tomato, garlic, olive oil and basil served on toasted bruschetta
- Sausage rolls: Italian sausage wrapped in puff pastry with fresh herbs
- Coconut crusted shrimp with a papaya mango sauce
Everyone raised their glasses for the speeches that took place during cocktail hour, taking in the garden’s greenery and beautiful spring weather.
A Grand Entrance into the Firehouse
Chris and Erin’s entrance down the fire poles into the reception hall was an epic moment. The hall’s reclaimed wood farmhouse tables looked exquisite with floral table runners, candles and pops of sunflower.
Guests were treated to a delicious dinner, which featured the following delectable passed hors d’oeuvres:
- Tomato and basil cous cous on crostini
- Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus drizzled with lemon caper mayonnaise
- Chicken mojo served in a miniature tortilla cup garnished with fresh cilantro
- Petite caprese skewers: herb and olive oil marinated ciliegine mozzarella and cherry tomato
- Feta and sun-dried tomato phyllo with tzatziki sauce
Stationary hors d’oeuvres were also provided. They included:
- Turkey and brie sandwich, apricot preserve and arugula on ciabatta
- Mini sliders: grilled angus burgers topped with caramelized onions and American cheese
- Grilled cheese sandwich with white cheddar, American and blue cheese on homestyle white
- Veggie flatbread with spinach, artichoke, mushrooms, caramelized onions and mozzarella
- Prosciutto and arugula flatbread with red onion, brie and balsamic aïoli
- Zesty pasta salad featuring penne pasta, basil, spinach, red onion, black olives, fontinella cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and banana peppers in a red wine vinaigrette
- Roasted vegetable display: roasted balsamic marinated vegetables served with lemon caper aïoli
An Evening of Dancing and Late-Night Snacks
Erin and Chris’s first dance was a heartwarming moment to experience. It didn’t take long for the dance floor to fill up with happy guests. The reception hall certainly came alive that night. There was no need to put out that fire!
As the day headed to a close, there was one more thing in store for everyone—late-night snacks! Guests enjoyed popcorn and two flatbreads:
- Classic margherita flatbread with roma tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil and extra virgin olive oil
- Baja chicken flatbread with queso fresco cheese, cilantro and guajillo chili sauce