On Saturday, May 25, Elisa and Kevin invited 143 loved ones to join them for their special day of matrimony at Oak Brook Bath & Tennis Club, an award-winning wedding venue located in west suburban Chicago. The elegant clubhouse and surrounding woodland beauty provided an exquisite backdrop for the memorable ceremony and reception.
Barrel Bus Arrival & Pondside Ceremony
Bridal party members were the first to arrive via Barrel Bus, a unique on-road experience that takes Chicago brewery tours to a new level.
Family members and friends arrived on-site around 4:45 p.m., making their way to the seats arranged for them in front of the picturesque pond. The outdoor ceremony’s stage was decorated with barrels, white candles and a stunning trellis covered in white, intricately woven roses. Elisa and Kevin’s love for one another was the focal point of the serene display.
Finally, the moment everyone was waiting for: Elisa and Kevin looked into each other’s eyes and said “I do.” Guests cheered and blew bubbles as the happy couple made their way down the aisle hand in hand.
Cocktails and Passed Bites on the Patio
After a heartwarming ceremony, everyone was invited to the patio for drinks and small passed bites. The weather couldn’t have been more agreeable. Guests gathered at the highboys and barrels arranged for them, enjoying delicious refreshments and spirited conversation. Passed hors d’oeuvres included:
- Petite caprese skewers: herb and olive oil marinated ciliegine mozzarella and cherry tomato
- Smokehouse date: bacon-wrapped date stuffed with cheddar cheese
- Chesapeake mushrooms: stuffed with jumbo lump crab, diced peppers, scallions and cilantro
Celebrating Inside the Clubhouse
After an enjoyable cocktail hour, everyone headed inside for the reception. The Clubhouse, with its stone fireplace, high wooden-beamed ceilings and floor-to-ceiling window was dressed in the couple’s special details and provided a lovely setting for the coming hours full of celebration. Tables were adorned with slate faille linens and napkins, centerpieces featuring white roses and candles, wooden table number place cards and rose gold silverware.
After they welcomed everyone, Elisa and Kevin graced the dancefloor as husband and wife—a touching moment for everyone there to witness it. Then for the cake cutting: a gorgeous three-tiered creation kissed with white roses and topped with a cursive topper saying “Mr. & Mrs. Alvarez.”
Finally, dinner and with tableside wine was served! First course was a crisp salad featuring:
- Mixed greens with poached pears: candied walnuts, goat cheese and red wine vinaigrette
This was followed by the mouthwatering entrees:
- Chicken prosecco with sun-dried tomatoes and basil
- Beef medallions and peppercorn sauce
- Grilled salmon with dijon mustard rub and dill vin blanc
- Eggplant milanese: spinach and copanata stuffed with spicy tomato sauce
- Herb-roasted yukon potatoes: yellow potatoes roasted with rosemary, thyme, and basil
- Steamed asparagus: with lemon zest and toasted breadcrumbs
- Brown rice pilaf: with dried cranberries and black currants
As dinner wound to a close, everyone knew what time it was—time to dance! Guests swirled around the dancefloor together and showed off their prime dance moves. Let’s just say the Clubhouse came alive that night.